Effective Date: July 10, 2017. Last Updated: July 10, 2017
THIS POLICY APPLIES TO THE PLATFORMS WHERE IT APPEARS.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM AND ABOUT YOU.
- We collect contact information. For example, we may collect your name and mailing address. This may include your zip code. We might also collect phone numbers and email addresses.
- We collect billing information. For example, we may collect your credit or debit card account number and your billing address. We may also collect information to help you determine the amount of taxes you may need to pay in connection with your rental or purchase.
- We collect account information. For example, if you create an account, we may collect your username and password.
- We collect information you post or submit. We collect information you post in a public space on our Platforms. This may include posts you make on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information. We might also collect the information you submit to us, such as through our “Contact” or “Checkout With Agent” features.
- We collect job application information. If you apply for a job through our Platform, we collect the information you include in your application. For example, this may include the name and address of your employer and your education and employment history.
- We collect demographic information. For example, we may collect your gender and ethnicity in connection with a job application.
- We collect device and location information. We collect the type and make of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. We may collect information across the devices you use to access our Platform. This might include your device identification number, IP address or mobile operating system. If you use our app, we might look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it. We may also collect location information. This may include precise location information from your device.
WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU IN SEVERAL WAYS.
- We collect information directly from you. For example, might collect information when you request information about our products and services or sign up for an event. We might also collect information when, for example, you sign up to receive communications from us.
- We collect information from you passively. We use common tracking technologies to collect information passively. We do this in our websites and in emails that we send to you. We collect information about users over time when you use this Platform. We may have third parties collect personal information this way. Learn more about these tools and how you can control them here.
- We collect information from third parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. This might include our business partners. We also get information about you from social media platforms.
- WE COMBINE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM DIFFERENT SOURCES.
- We may combine information that we collect offline with information we collect online. We may also combine information you submit or that we track across multiple devices. We may also combine information we collect from you with information we get about you from others.
WE USE INFORMATION IN A VARIETY OF WAYS.
- We use your information to communicate with you. This includes responding to your questions or inquiries or notifying you if you win a promotion. We will also use your information to send you information about your account or about our relationship.
- We use information to provide you with our products and services. This includes fulfilling your quote and order requests. This may also include determining your eligibility for our services, including certain types of customer accounts.
- We use your information to understand your interests and improve our products and services. We may use your information to make our Platform, products and services better. This may include improving user experience. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us. For example, we may use your information to determine your interest in our products and services or to better understand what products and services interest you.
- We use your information for marketing purposes. We may provide you with information about current or new products and services or other ads. We might use your information to serve you with ads. These might be third party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may also have our business partners serve you with ads about our products and services. We may use your geolocation information to send these communications.
- We use information for security purposes. This could include protecting our family of companies and our customers. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- We use information as otherwise permitted or required by law or as we may notify you. This includes using your information for our legitimate business needs.
WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
- We share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include payment processors or companies that send emails for us. It may also include companies that run our websites or help fulfill customer orders for us.
- We share information with our business partners. For example, this may include third parties that provide services to help support our productions or provide financing services for our customers. It may also include social media sites or a third party that co-sponsors a promotion.
- We share information with third parties for marketing purposes. This may include third parties that serve ads on our behalf. This may also include third parties in whose products or services we believe you may be interested. These third parties may also share your information with others. These third parties may use your information for their own marketing purposes or the marketing purposes of others. This may include the delivery of interest-based advertising.
- We will share your information with any successor to all or part of our business as permitted by law. For example, if all or part of our business is sold, we may share your personal information with the new owner. This may include as part of an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control.
- We will share information to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. This includes responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s list.
- We will share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
YOU HAVE CERTAIN CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION.
- You can opt out of receiving our marketing emails. To stop receiving our promotional emails, follow the instructions in any promotional message you receive from us. Note that even if you opt out of our promotional emails, you will still receive transactional messages from us. If you object to our use of your information for direct marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can control tools on your mobile devices. For example, you can turn off the GPS locator or push notifications on your phone.
If you object to our use of your information for direct marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a “California Shine the Light” inquiry.
OUR PLATFORMS AND CHILDREN.
Our Platforms are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has provided us with information, please contact us at email@example.com. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here.
WE USE STANDARD SECURITY MEASURES.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our Platform will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet. We use reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. User IDs and passwords are needed to access certain areas of our Platform. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain may be stored in the United States. If you live outside of the United States, you understand and agree that we may transfer your personal information to the United States. This site is subject to U.S. laws, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country
WE MAY LINK TO THIRD PARTY SITES.
Our Platform may contain links to other third party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third party sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or want to access, delete, or correct your information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (818) 272-8845. You may also write to us at the following address:
Attention: General Counsel
757 California Avenue
Glendale, CA 91203
© 2017 VER. All rights reserved.